Our MOTUL annual air-cooled service can be applied to every air-cooled classic car. Whether you have an obscure eastern-bloc Tatra, an air-cooled Porsche or VW T1/T2 when Project Shop’s highly trained engineers complete this detailed service you can be assured of the following:
- Dramatically improved performance, economy and reliability
- Make sure that all serviceable parts are checked, cleaned, lubricated, adjusted or replaced.
- Identify any ageing or damaged components
- Help preserve your cars value and sale-ability
- Lights checked and any blown bulbs replaced
- MOTUL Engine Cleaner is added to the old oil, engine ran up to temperature, then engine switched off
- Hot engine oil drained
- Wheels removed, tyres checked for condition, age, tread wear and pressures
- Remove spare tyre and checked for tyre condition, age, tread ware and pressure if not a space saver
- Check hubs for wear and condition
- Check wheel condition
- Drain hot engine oil
- Check and clean oil breather
- Inspect brakes for friction material, leaks, and function
- Grease all driveshaft joints, hubs and ball joints front and rear
- Inspect metal brake pipes and flexible pipes for condition/corrosion
- Check and adjust handbrake as necessary
- Under body corrosion inspection
- Exhaust and heat exchanger system inspection, general condition and mounts
- Check gearbox oil for condition and level
- Check differential oil for condition and level
- Check and replace inline fuel filter
- Check/clean or replace air filter(s)
- Check/change spark plugs
- Check condition/gap of points and condenser (where fitted)
- Check condition of rotor arm/cap and HT leads
- Check/adjust engine timing
- Check adjust mechanical fuel injection/carburettor if required
- Check drive belt condition and tension
- Inspect oil pipes
- Check brake/clutch fluid for level and condition
- Replenish windscreen washer fluid, check operation of screen wash jets
- Inspect wiper blade condition and check operation, replace wiper blades if required
- Clean off door/bonnet/boot catches and re-grease
- Renew oil filter & sump washer, replace sump plug (if required) & replenish engine oil with correct MOTUL Classic oil.
- Start engine, check for leakage
- Road test, check heater and fan operation, re-torque wheels, re-check engine oil level
- Independent MOT to make sure your vehicle is safe to drive
Pre 1970 Porsche 911’s and all air-cooled VW’s use Motul Classic 20W/50 engine oil. It is engineered not only to lubricate the engine, but also dissipate unwanted heat.
For 911’s with 2.4, 3.0 and 3.2 litre engines the correct oil is MOTUL Classic 15W/50 Semi Synthetic.
Apart from a serviced car, what do I get?
By the time we have completed each of these 33 actions, over 200 points on your vehicle will have been checked, adjusted, lubricated or replaced. The great news is that you will know that your car is safe and that you will have done everything possible to maintain its reliability and value. Not only this, but you will receive:
- A comprehensive invoice for your history file
- An MOT or Classic Car Safety Check certificate
- A FREE 1 litre ‘top up’ of the correct MOTUL Classic oil for your vehicle.
This will show perspective buyers just how seriously you took maintaining your vehicle.
964 and 993 Porsche 911’s require a fully synthetic engine oil. In this case the best MOTUL Oil is 15W 50 300v
Well that is the best news. We offer a fixed price including all consumables, ignition parts and lubricants which means you know exactly what you are getting and for how much. The price even includes VAT.